Welcome to %s forums

De beste forumene for rock og metall - før var det Scream Magazine

Login Register

Memorabilia

Archive on Scream Magazine from 2019 and older.

Espen
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Memorabilia

Post by Espen »

DOH wrote:
Espen wrote:666 live på NRK i i 1983:

http://tv.nrk.no/serie/flimra/FBUA07001 ... m58s&del=2

Edit: tidsangivelsen i URLen funker visst ikke. Bruk innholdsfortegnelsen.

Noen artige klipp fra Haugesund der også fra splitter nye Slaktehuset, hvor bl.a. Enslaved startet noen år senere, og ymse kjente fjes fra musikkmiljøet i byen, bl.a. en purung Øyvind Staveland pre-Vamp spiller i Vestlandsfanden der.
Ja, mye gøy fra Tromsø også. En drithipp Per Eirik Johansen intervjuer bandene, og Peder X-em (bestående av intet mindre enn Nils Johansen, Per Martinsen og Hans Olav Grøttheim) spiller fet postpunk i gate med tidlig 80s The Cure.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sw258GmZ1g[/media]
The lime of the ancient marinade.

Topic author
DOH
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by DOH »

Espen
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Espen »

Det er vel fra den gigen The Venom Banter Tape stammer.

http://boingboing.net/2013/02/01/the-ep ... xtape.html

Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Favourite genre: Hard Rock
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

M-77
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by M-77 »

Tyrkiakonserten?
Terror_mit_uns wrote: M-77 kunne jeg aldri tenkt meg å gå langtur med.

Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Favourite genre: Hard Rock
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

Stemmer.

Espen
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Espen »

Turid
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Turid »

oaka.JPG
a series of movements that match the speed and rhythm of cake

Presticide
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Presticide »

DOH wrote:
Espen wrote:666 live på NRK i i 1983:

http://tv.nrk.no/serie/flimra/FBUA07001 ... m58s&del=2

Edit: tidsangivelsen i URLen funker visst ikke. Bruk innholdsfortegnelsen.

Noen artige klipp fra Haugesund der også fra splitter nye Slaktehuset, hvor bl.a. Enslaved startet noen år senere, og ymse kjente fjes fra musikkmiljøet i byen, bl.a. en purung Øyvind Staveland pre-Vamp spiller i Vestlandsfanden der.
For ikke å snakke om gamle nyveiv- og postpunkbandet til onkelen min. Hadde neppe vært her i dag (Scream altså) om det ikke var for at jeg fant tapen i kjelleren til besteforeldrene mine.

Antonzen
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Antonzen »

fenrizzz.jpg
Kanskje ikke helt riktig tråd, men tar sjansen.

Sikkert ikke alle som leser recordcollector her.

Topic author
DOH
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by DOH »

Topic author
DOH
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by DOH »

Fantastisk bilde.

DarthVidar
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by DarthVidar »

Haha, skulle akkurat til å poste det sjøl. Fjeset til Barney.
Det maa bli slutt paa denne landssvikerpolitikken, og paa jukset i MGP!

Topic author
DOH
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by DOH »

For ikke å nevne alt med Barney.

Espen
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Espen »

Helmaks!

sumostig
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by sumostig »

Really bad Scorn Defeat cover photo session outtake.

Ler meg ihjel.

Our first gig outside of Japan. In Dublin 20 years ago.

Legger med en historie fra Alan Averill om Sighs besøk i Dublin:
A column from March of this year.....a little underground history

I was racking my brains trying to think of something to write about, what politician has pissed me off this week, what trend in the scene could I take a pot shot at, what general gripe could I have about this and that. I tore muscles in my shoulder, maybe I could write about that? Perhaps the driving incessant rain and tiring wind chill, nothing Irish people like more than whinging about the weather right? Or the lack of.

Then at about 5am in a neat and tidy flat in Helsinki ‘The Knell’ by Sigh came on random on the ipod and we started discussing the finer points of oriental manners and it got me thinking of a story from way back in the day that perhaps might be worth a column.
The year was 1995, Primordial’s debut album ‘Imrama’ had just come out and somehow without email or mobile phones we had organised a week-long tour in support of this with Bal Sagoth, Hecate Enthroned and Sigh throughout the Uk. Sigh were on holidays and had been roped in to play their first ever shows outside of Japan in Ireland and the Uk. In fact their first ever show was in the backroom of an IRA bar in a grimey dirty area of a Dublin that seems to belong to another lifetime, or at least to a different century.

There was of course no stage, monitors or lights to speak of and we built the stage out of pallets and hired in a PA. That day one of the Birmingham six was drinking in the bar out front while we checked the drums. His mate asked could we possibly turn the drums down. A bad omen. Bal Sagoth got lost en route and drove down a one way street straight into an IRA march coming the other way. The rest as they say is history but a chance encounter of unfortunate high farce ended with Bal Sagoth heading straight back for the next ferry without telling anyone. Who could blame them? The sign outside the metal shop read something like ‘Wanted : five Yorkshire lads with swords and beards’. They were back home in time for tea and crumpets before the midnight hour.

Back then there was no such thing as security, barriers, soundchecks, in fact anything really resembling order at an underground show in Dublin in the back of a dirty smokey shitty bar. Needless to say the bouncers were flinging kids out from the start as about 150 people crammed into a space fit for less than a 100. The stream of kids crawling back in the toilet window and dropping down headfirst onto the floor was steady and interrupted. The bouncers couldn’t thrown people out fast enough.
Sigh had no instruments, they borrowed ours. There was of course no backstage or changing rooms so they found a crawl space underneath a table down the back to change. We strained to keep the PA up as people milled and pushed in front of the stage. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw a flaming iron glove making its way through the crowd. Sigh’s guitar player had without a mention to anyone brought pyros into a tiny bar and had set his hand alight…..and aloft. Being small of course we could see nothing else than headstocks of guitars pushing their way through the already baying crowd of lunatics and a blazing iron glove just above everyone’s heads. We cleared a small path for them and were met with Sigh replete in hoods, executioner’s cloaks, corpse paint, armed with stage props and pyro. Mirai held a plastic skull with explosives out to the crowd as they managed to make it to the stage, which of course in true Spinal Tap style failed to go off….the glove was doused as the room began to stink of burning leather and petrol, a split second of manic silence allowed the bus driver who had eyes as big as spoons push onto the stage with an angle grinder and start flaying sparks over the crowd. Sigh start into Black Metal by Venom and all hell breaks loose, myself and a mate are holding the PA up, the pallets are breaking, kids falling everywhere into the band, a pit the size of the room, people flinging themselves off the pool table into the crowd. The walls sweated, sparks flew, people fought with the bouncers and Sigh launched into Venom cover after Venom cover. Total and utter mayhem in the true sense of the word. Welcome to Dublin Sigh……

Late at night we tried to find the night bus home with four very tired and confused Japanese tourists as they pulled huge bags of luggage behind them amidst the madness of mid 90s Dublin kicking out time. No easy feat as back then most Dubliners had never even seen Asian people in the flesh let alone with leather jackets Venom shirts and the remnants of the evenings corpse paint. A fight on the night bus home was just par for the course to round the night off, trying to keep Sigh out of one was harder than you can possibly imagine.

Later that night we finally made it back to house. Of Course back then we lived with our parents , mine were away….apparently. Next morning I was woken by an irate Irish mother who had come back from holiday one day early to find four completely random Japanese people asleep in the front room. Annoyed? Yes indeed sir, but more annoyed because there was no proper food in the house to feed them. Let them eat carrot cake. Not the way Irish mothers do things.

The next week then consisted of 15 of us in the back of a hi ace van playing to crowds of 15-150 across the Uk, Manchester to Birmingham with two speed addled lunatics in drag driving the van. The female of the pair had a picture of Gladiator Jet taped to the front of her dress and a BO problem that hurt the eyes. He had silver cowboy boots and a pair of chaps. They stayed up all night and angle grinded through the bands set. Hey, it seemed normal at the time. In London a drug dealer fired a gun into the ceiling of the kitchen as we all lay on the floor under the table trying to sleep with nothing but wet leather for comfort. That’s what happens on tour right? Half the young bands I meet now don’t know they’ve even been born. Ryanair was a pipe dream that hadn’t allowed us to see how the other half in Europe lived but I wouldn’t change those days of chaos for anything.

Alan Averill

Espen
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Espen »

Selvfølgelig var Alan Averill der.

Topic author
DOH
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by DOH »

Espen
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Espen »

Har du en scanner, eller?

Topic author
DOH
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by DOH »

Du, dette var et bilde Ole Bjerkebakke la ut på fjesboka i dag.

Locked Previous topicNext topic