Welcome to %s forums

De beste forumene for rock og metall - fĂžr var det Scream Magazine

Login Register

[TerraturPossessions] NEW RELEASES + NEWS

Archive on Scream Magazine from 2019 and older.

Topic author
MARDVK
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

[TerraturPossessions] NEW RELEASES + NEWS

Post by MARDVK »

FIRST AND FOREMOST;

Terratur Possessions is now distributed by VAN RECORDS!
All customers and distributors can go to Van Records directly for reservations in the future. Things will now be handled faster, shipping prices will be cheaper, and you can finally pay with card if you want. A huge step for Terratur Possessions who's been a one-man operation for over 10 years. Enough is enough and I'll focus 110% on my releases from here on out.

Speaking of releases, these are out AUGUST 23rd, 09.00 CET! Thats tomorrow!

NEW RELEASES:

MARE - Ebony Tower CD/LP
-The debut magnum opus album from MARE!

After 8 years in the making its finally ready, well worth the wait, as you can read here;

[This is roughly translated from the Norwegian review in Scream magazine and can therefore not be considered to be a real review.]

Mare
”Ebony Tower”
Terratur Possessions (2018)
6/6
Terratur’s nightmare of an album has surely taken its toll. “Ebony Tower” will finally be released after years of waiting. The rest of the world may not care, but to us who dwell in the underground..., now is the time! Some 25 years after “De Mysteriis dom. Sathanas”, an album that is a worthy successor is made. Others have tried, others have failed and there has always been something missing. Tempo, the riffs, the vocals, the sound but more than anything the atmosphere has failed. I will not conclude if this is better than the said album or not, but I will still claim that this work is the closest a band has come to the atmosphere of “De Mysteriiis...”. Shouting, chanting and grim vocals, where I must notify how the double vocals on “Labyrinth Of Dying Stars” are almighty. There are strong melodies that leave enough space for bass and drums. This masterpiece does also contain some well placed keyboard sections that underline the atmosphere in those parts, like four minutes into “Blood Across The Firmament”.
Other elements are in example timpani and of course the outro which we will return to later on. The right tempo is important when you set the mood, and I experience that Mare has thought this through. One track from the said Mayhem album that connects with with the tempo of “Ebony Tower” is “Life Eternal” and its hypnotic rhythm. It’s fast enough, yet not so slow that it turns into doom. It’s intense all the time in the same way medium tempo black metal can be more intense than Marduk at full force. “The Fountains Of Darkness” starts in fast tempo before it glides over to mighty melodylines in the said perfect tempo that drives the album further. The tempo and the airy production create a feeling of cathedral and mighty rooms.
Finally there’s a release that can stand next to albums like the mentioned “De Mysteriis dom. Sathanas”, like “Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice”, like”A Blaze In The Northern Sky”, like”Salvation” and that rises to the top of the tower. Religious, cathedral, yes, but don’t let that fool you because it smells like corpses and burnt churches from a long distance. “Ebony Tower” has grown bigger and stronger and into Lamia Vox’ perfect closure in the shape of a beyond beautiful outro. “Ebony Tower” is 45 minutes that give life meaning again and again. Are you able to see how they build cathedrals, can you see cathedrals torn apart, can you see the tower encircled by darkness?

By: Roy Kristensen Bakland

Lineup:
ⷚ - Drums
Luctus - Bass
HBM Azazil - Vocals, Guitars
Nosophoros - Guitars

Sample:

Nidrosian Black Sorcerous Art.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

LAMIA VOX - All Hope Abandon 7"EP
-Accompanied with the new Mare album, "Ebony Tower", a limited EP from Lamia Vox will also be available. These two songs are composed of material once created for the Mare album, but never used besides what ended up as the outro for Ebony Tower.

Sample:

CORNIGR - Shroud of s***n/Death Trimorph 7"EP
-Cornigr is long since dead but before we close the casket, here's two alternate versions of songs that later ended up on Relics of Inner War. These versions are rawer, more rabid and wild and stand very well on their own, hence this final EP that had remained unreleased for 9 years. The end is now complete.

Sample:

Released by Terratur Possessions exclusively.

RITUAL DEATH - Ritual Death 10"MLP
-New material from the Nidrosian Death worshippers of Ritual Death!

"LET MY SCYTHE SHINE UPON YOU
LET MY WHITE IVORY LIGHT MESMERIZE YOU
LET MY BLACK CLOAK ENSHROUD YOU
AND MY KNUCKLED FINGER GUIDE YOU
I AM ALL
I AM EVERYTHING
I AM CERTAIN
I AM DEATH
WORSHIP ME"

Sample:

MANII - Sinnets Irrganger CD/12"MLP
-When Manes morphed into something more than what once was, something was stirring beneath. After some time the two originators of the project, Cernunnus and Sargatanas, wanted to recede and devolve back into the shadows of Trondheim. This retreat into darkness bred something dismal - Manii.
Discomforting, haunting and ethereal Black Metal, Manii holds the spirit of the early 90s, yet with that extra unintelligible facet that made Manes into the band most of us know and worship.
Manii harnesses layers and levels, which musically invoke a level of malaise that isn't easy to portray. An unappeasable expression of the desperation of existence, and the ever reaching depth of the scorn of self...
12"MLP and CD(Incl. Skuggeheimen 7"EP as bonus) coming winter 2017/18, released by Terratur Possessions exclusively. Art by B.H.N.Q./Beyond Art, layout by Kontamination Design.

Manii:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ManiiOfficial
Bandcamp: manii.bandcamp.com

DEVOURING STAR/CAECUS - Split LP
-"Given time, even the strongest bone will succumb and shatter. And in the light of sovereign Death, even gods must submit".

Apostasis is a bastard of Devouring Star & Caecus, a collaboration in obscure Black and Death metal. An unlikely match in adversarialism.

The split consisting of three tracks, the A side: APOSTASIS, is a massive collaborative track between the two bands, more than 18 minutes in length. The B side consists of individual tracks from each of the acts involved, both streaming here on SoundCloud to give you an impression.

TRACKLIST:
A side:
DS/C - Apostasis
B side:
Devouring Star - A Pale Monument
Caecus - Ascend to the Void
Total length: 27 minutes.

Sample:

Artwork by Manuel Tinnemans.

LP(incl. download) released by Terratur Possessions exclusively.

DARVAZA - Darkness In Turmoil
-The third curse of Darvaza. Lightening a new Sun towards the darkest mystery, where fearless unfeard he slept.

Sample:

NEW MERCH:

-New merch from MARE, TERRATUR, and BLACK MAJESTY will also be available in the shop come Thursday.

My webshop automatically morphs with Van Records on AUGUST 23rd so you can combine with their titles and distro.

OBS: In case the coloured versions of these releases sells out too quick for YOUR liking; No its not a hype. Most colored versions were shipped to the Beyond The Gates festival. Represses of some of these titles will also be done when time allows it so fear not - dont believe the hype.

THE END.
MALVM QVOD HOMINES FACIVNT

Turid
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Turid »

FĂ„r UranorstindfĂžlelse av Marecover.
a series of movements that match the speed and rhythm of cake

Veadtuck
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Veadtuck »

d***n, Mare-plata skal og mÄ i hus nÄr lÞnning kommer.
THANKS to the Brazilian Deathsquads! Keep up the Maliciousness!!

Locked Previous topicNext topic