Welcome to %s forums

De beste forumene for rock og metall - før var det Scream Magazine

Login Register

Jag Panzer

Archive on Scream Magazine from 2019 and older.

Best?

Ample Destruction (1984)
57%
Dissident Alliance (1994)
No votes
The Fourth Judgement (1997)
9%
The Age of Mastery (1998)
9%
Thane to the Throne (2000)
13%
Mechanized Warfare (2001)
9%
Chain of Command (2004)
4%
Casting the Stones (2004)
No votes

Total votes: 23

Marken
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Marken »

Conan wrote:
Marken wrote:
Conan wrote:
Marken wrote:
Conan wrote:

Hmm hvorfor har jeg ikke hørt dette bandet før, de låtene jeg har hørt på youtube til nå har jo vært knallfete, aner ikke engang om de er fra ei skive som anses for å være dems beste.

Hvilke låter har du sjekka?

Kun etpar, men de heter "The Silent" og andre "Power Surge".

Ok. De er begge fra Mechanized Warfare. Brukbar skive det, men de har, etter min mening, gitt ut fem som er bedre.
The Silent husker jeg ikke i farta, men Power Surge er ei bra låt, ja. Fra Mechanized Warfare liker jeg Frozen In Fear og Take To the Sky aller best.

Ok, men tenkte å få sjekke ut de eldre skivene også, er vel verdt en lytt de også?

Helt klart.
The Fourth Judgement, Age Of Mastery, Thane To the Throne og Ample Destruction er alle bedre enn Mechanized Warfare, så kjør på.

Conan

Post by Conan »

Ok takk, skal få sjekke ut de du nevner også.

Eon
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Eon »

j****g rå vokalprestasjon i burn :!:

333+333 wrote:Yupp that`s right, jeg digger f**n meg metal!

stramvaier
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by stramvaier »

Er virkelig imponert over den nye skiva. Solid klasse nesten hele veien, er vel bare Let It Out som ligger litt etter. Union og The Book Of Kells er de beste låtene etter 4 runder.

Invictus
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Invictus »

Jepp, meget bra den nye skiva. Mine favoritter er Condemned to Fight, The Setting of the Sun, Call to Arms og Overlord. Svakest er Cycles synes jeg. Conklin er forresten en j****g bra vokalist!

Nils Barvåg
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by Nils Barvåg »

Har ikke fått fot for albumet som helhet ennå, men Condemned To Fight, The Setting Of The Sun og Book Of Kells er definitivt Jag Panzer på sitt beste.

"Only those who keep the faith shall escape the wrath of the Metallian..."

Stian
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Stian »

Terningkast fire i Østlendingen, så jeg.

LostParadise
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by LostParadise »

Invictus wrote:

Conklin er forresten en j****g bra vokalist!

Så definitivt! Knall kar!

Forresten enig med Østlendingen, terningkast 4.

Nils Barvåg
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by Nils Barvåg »

Nils Barvåg wrote:

Har ikke fått fot for albumet som helhet ennå, men Condemned To Fight, The Setting Of The Sun og Book Of Kells er definitivt Jag Panzer på sitt beste.

Men akkurat nå, tre måneder senere, er nok "The Scourge Of The Light" mitt favorittalbum fra 2011.

Det har egentlig vært et meget godt år for metal med tradisjonelle kvaliteter. Argus, Doomsword, Hell, In Solitude, Portrait, Vicious Rumors og Wolf har alle levert i henhold til forventningene eller overrasket positivt.

"Only those who keep the faith shall escape the wrath of the Metallian..."

Marken
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Marken »

Guitarist Christian Lasegue has left Colorado power metallers JAG PANZER in order to focus on "college studies." Lasegue, who says that the decision to exit the group "was not an easy" one, can be heard on JAG PANZER's "Chain Of Command" (2004) and "Scourge Of The Light" (2011) albums.

Eon
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Eon »

Jag Panzer Disbands
A LEGACY COMES TO AN END: JAG PANZER DISBANDS

(25 July 2011 – Colorado Springs, CO) After more than three decades of delivering heavy metal to the masses, Jag Panzer have decided to call it quits.

“We are proud of every album we released and the support we received from the heavy metal community,” states guitarist and founder Mark Briody. ” We’ve played so many places around the world and enjoyed every minute of it but the time has come where we just cannot move forward as a band.”

Guitarist Christian Lasegue left the band last month to pursue his degree full time. “Christian did an amazing job on The Scourge of the Light and it was a pleasure working with him,” continues Briody. ”We wished Christian well but kept this quiet until we found a replacement.”

Drummer Rikard Stjernquist says,”Several guitar players applied for the job. It was a pleasant surprise to see so many young guitarists with advanced chops. One player, 19 year old Jake Dreyer, submitted videos of him nailing solos from both Chris Broderick and Christian Lasegue. We were ready to welcome Jake into the band but unfortunately that will not happen. There is no doubt in any of our minds that Jake will go on to be a household name in his own right.”

Bassist John Tetley adds a final statement:” In closing, we’d like to send out a huge heartfelt THANK YOU to metal fans throughout the world. You all rule!”

333+333 wrote:Yupp that`s right, jeg digger f**n meg metal!

Marken
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Marken »

:cry:

Topic author
Øl
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Øl »

Føkk.

You treat your step-mother with respect, Pantera!

Affen
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Affen »

Trist!

Marken
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Marken »

Mark Briody sier følgende på bandets facebook-side:

Harry wasn't interested in continuing with the way things were going (the band not making money). I was hoping he would go the Greek show, but he said only if he was flown business class (far too expensive, so 'no'). I understand if he wants more time with his family or needs to make money, but this is not the way the band should have ended.

LostParadise
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by LostParadise »

Triste greier.

knuthulhu
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by knuthulhu »

Ganske trist ja, særlig tatt i betraktning at de er veldig bra live. Siste skiva var lite inspirerende, men jeg vil tro de kunne gjort noe bra i framtida likevel om de hadde vært motiverte.

"Even s***n wears leather"

Marken
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Marken »

Kopiert fra metal rules-forumet, her er litt mere info fra Briody:

Harry wasn't interested in doing anything else with the band unless it was a fulltime venture (meaning long tours, etc). We had several tour offers, but by the time you factor in expenses they weren't profitable. Tour bus and flight expenses have gotten very high. I looked into a van/hotel scenario for touring Europe and that wasn't profitable either. By 'profitable' I mean not losing money, I'm not talking about the band members actually making money.

Our plan was to do the upcoming Greek show, record a new album on SPV, do festivals next summer and then see if touring is a better option then. Harry did not like this option.

This is all understandable. I can understand that Harry wants to make this a career. He's a very talented vocalist. But the way he handled this still has me puzzled. He adopted a scorched earth email style - he ignored phone calls and alienated band members, management and the record company with inflammatory emails. The same thing happened when he joined Riot years ago. I was happy for him since Riot was one of our favorite bands growing up. However he insisted on ending the relationship on a very negative tone. I don't remember his exact words, but it was something to the effect of 'I'm in Riot now, you all can kiss my ass'.

I don't know if Harry is leaving the business totally or putting all of his efforts in s***n's Host. s***n's Host has a dedicated fanbase and their new album is getting very good reviews. But industry people I talk to say they are a less marketable touring name then Jag Panzer. If that is true, then I think the same issues that caused his departure from Jag Panzer would still exist.

Harry's attitude was 'I'll stick around if we have serious touring possibilities. Otherwise you should replace me'.

Some band members (and record company, management) wanted us to replace Harry, but I pushed for disbanding.

I've been the main contact for the band since day 1. I get a ton of email, not because we're some big popular band but because I try to be very accessable and I answer any and all questions. The majority of email I get is negative. No, I don't mean emails like 'you guys suck' (although I do get those too). I mean negative like 'I bought a plane ticket for Bang You Head when you were announced and now you cancelled' .

It's gotten to the point where being in Jag Panzer was like an albatross around my neck. I never cancelled a gig in my life, yet I was having to defend cancelled gigs right and left. I was having to justify not doing tours when I personally really wanted to do them.

I want a fresh start and break from this. I want to play in a metal band where everyone has the same goals - to play killer metal.

I'll put together a new project. Whether it's successfull or not remains to be seen, but for me the bottom line is that I love playing my guitar and making music.

Sure, making money and playing for huge crowds would be nice. But that's not what motivates me. I like writing, recording and playing my own songs.

Affen
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Affen »

Rick Mythiasin på Facebook:
"I'm so sorry that you guy's have broken up, you've made a lasting impact on the metal world, you are one of a kind!!\m/"

Marken
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Marken »

Affen wrote:

Rick Mythiasin på Facebook:
"I'm so sorry that you guy's have broken up, you've made a lasting impact on the metal world, you are one of a kind!!\m/"

Hmm, Mythiasin kunne gjerne droppa Agent Steel og overtatt etter Conklin i Jag Panzer. Eller kanskje bare starta et nytt band med Mark Briody.

Locked Previous topicNext topic