Welcome to %s forums

De beste forumene for rock og metall - før var det Scream Magazine

Login Register

SPECTRAL HAZE

Archive on Scream Magazine from 2019 and older.

fjesing
Poser
Poser
Mood:
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SPECTRAL HAZE

Post by fjesing »

Fett!

Grimgor
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Grimgor »

Ballefett

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Favourite genre: Hard Rock
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

Albumet (CD + LP) er på vei til Tiger, og kan forhåndsbestilles her:

http://www.tigernet.no/artist/15823--spectral-haze

drgz
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by drgz »

På tide at denne dukker opp i postkassa snart. Maks gira!

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

Det gjør den nok snart, skiva sendes fra Soulseller nå.

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

En ny, litt merkelig anmeldelse:

https://doommetalheaven.wordpress.com/2 ... a-remains/

SPECTRAL HAZE
‘I.E.V.: Transmutated Nebula Remains’
Soulseller Records
Released: 7 November 2014
8/10

Do you remember that Winnie The Pooh story in which Tigger, the stupidly irrepressible tiger, and Eeyore, the ferociously depressed donkey, wander into the forest, pick a few weird-looking ‘shrooms and form a stoner metal band? No? Maybe A.A. Milne never quite got round to penning that particular tale, but it doesn’t matter – Spectral Haze have done it for him.

This new album from the Norwegian band – a follow-up to their 2012 debut EP – has all of Tigger’s energetic bounce and Eeyore’s pounding gravitas rolled into one gargantuan whole. As in the children’s classics, the symbiosis of light and dark characteristics works in perfect harmony.

Integral to their doom rock rituals, the Oslo outfit also channel the considerable powers of Rainbow, Monster Magnet, Status Quo, Black Sabbath, QOTSA and, most of all, Hawkwind, At times, Spectral Haze seem to be even more Hawkwindy than the cosmic masters themselves – a kind of ‘Eaglehurricane’ of galactic proportions.

On a largely engrossing album, Spectral Haze create strong, forceful tunes, and their admirable songwriting skills ensure that the energy levels never wane. Their meaty riffs are developed and polished until they become little gems which are delivered with passion. On a few occasions, the band rely too greatly on swooshing cosmic energy alone, rather than pushing their original concepts to the full, but generally the tide of celestial awesomeness is an overwhelming and enjoyable experience.

Each song is a step on a journey to another dimension and the album flows brilliantly, rarely rushing or dawdling. Spectral Haze seem to have an innate ability to know when to cool things down, and then when to launch into another big riff. The roaring guitars of Sönik Slöth are hot and fuzzy as if drawing energy from the sun, while Spacewülff’s spacey vocals are like the solar system’s planets: few and far between.

And the whole thing is drizzled with Winnie’s sweet stoner honey, thanks to more than a few tasty licks. Spectral Haze do things right: these psyched-out sorcerers write big, entertaining stoner metal songs that hold your attention, and they play them with a zest for doom that’ll sweep you off your feet.

Medicinmannen
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Medicinmannen »

Pink Floyd kommer til å merke slapp pågang på releasedatoen for nyskiva pga. Spectral Haze.

Purity comes when death is all.

dauinghorn
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by dauinghorn »

Forhåndsbestilt hos Tiger! Dette blir sløyt!

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

Rakov
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Rakov »

j****g fet låt! Synes videoen også funka svært bra. Blir stas å få plata i hus.

drgz
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by drgz »

f**n så fet låt. Maks klar for albumet!

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

http://thesludgelord.blogspot.com/2014/ ... ebula.html

‘I.E.V.: Transmutated Nebula Remains’ CD/LP track listing:

01 I.E.V. I - Circumambulating Mount Meru (04:10)
02 Mercurian Mantra (07:44)
03 Black Gandharvas (11:03)
04 I.E.V. II - Observing the Centre of Infinity (02:51)
05 Descent Through the Intravoidal (06:02)
06 Triads and Trishulas (13:51)

Spectral Haze is:

Spacewülff | Interstellar Howls/Geetarrrgh
Sönik Slöth | Supercosmic overdrive pedalinfused guitarvoid
Döômdögg | Dronemachinated AUM
Cëlestïal Cöbra | Conjurer of souls through ritual drums

Bio:

Spectral Haze was first conjured from the Void three years ago, through four sonick sorcerers residing in Oslo, Norway; Cëlestial Cöbra (Battery), Döömdogg (Bass guitar), Spacewülff (Vocals, guitars) and Sönik Slöth (Guitars). Through these last few years, Spectral Haze has undulated and grown into channeling through a fifth vessel, namely Electric Starling (Theremin, VOID). The upcoming album "I.E.V.: Transmutated Nebula Remains" follows their eponymous debut EP released in 2012 CE, and brings even more psyched out doom rock rituals.

Review:

Spectral Haze- “Psyched Out Doom Rock Rituals.” That’s about all that’s written in this Oslo, Norway 4 Pieces Bio and it’s a pretty accurate statement aside from the “doom” part. I don’t really see all that much of a doom vibe from these guys, sure there are sabbathian flourishes here and there, but what you really get is huge fuzzy riffs, sparse yet pyched out-effects heavy vocals and full tilt space rock ala Hawkwind with a good bit of swagger thrown in for good measure.

The album starts out with a nice spacey intro right into a thundering rhythm that undulates and swirls into warp speed with the first track acting as an intro until you are thrust into the second track of the record. I really like this track as a record intro and specifically the approach it takes as a steady build into track two. ‘Mercurian Mantra’ is just as thundering and groovy as the last track, it is also the first introduction to the bands vocals which come across as reverb heavy and manic. Great keyboard and effects are used on this song, upping the space rock ante and lead heavily to the darker parts of the track. Definitely a very trippy feeling of dissonance.

The first two songs play on each other with similar feels for a sort of combined effect. Enter “Black Gandharvas” with a darker and more straight ahead swagger to it. This song brings into play the sabbathian flourishes I mentioned early. A good head bobbing ass kicker of a track. At about seven and a half minutes into the song, it shape shifts into an acid rock harmonized guitar part before snapping back into the signature gallop to finish the track out in a fever dream state.

Track four is another instrumental track on the record and it reminds me of the first track the flip on a vinyl- and acts as an intro to the end of the record if you will. Another rad space rock sounding short, leading into the fifth track of the album, ‘Descent Through the Intravoidal’ which starts off with a very surf rock sounding part mixed with this bands space rock sound, it works superbly. This is the standout track on the album not only because it is different than the rest of the record but because it takes the sum of all the bands parts, throws them into warp speed and makes me love being in for the ride. Towards the end it pumps the brakes a bit and melds seamlessly with the last track and effective outro of the record.

The final track is a 13 minute jam of slowed down space rock bleakness, groove heavy plodding into a weird 70’s grind house sounding exit that works like a reverse version of the intro to the record. A very good and well played closer by the band.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed ‘I.E.V.: Transmutated Nebula Remains’, and find it hard to make many critiques. The record flows perfectly and takes the listener on a complete voyage with tons of different psychedelic aspects that make it stand out. This is a nice take on the stoner rock/metal genre and I really like the approach these guys are taking to it. I’ve heard a lot of comparisons to the mighty Monster Magnet when people talk about Spectral haze, and that’s a hell of a compliment, but I’m not seeing it so much (I’m a self proclaimed Monster Magnet superfan) as I am seeing big influences from Hawkwind’s catalogue. That’s also a pretty big compliment and something you don’t see too much of these day, and neither is this record! I look forward to more from these guys in the future and I would really like to see how these songs translate in a live setting.

Words by: David Heaton

Rakov
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Rakov »

Er plata å få kjøpt på Tiger nå? Gleder meg ikke akkurat mindre av å lese anmeldelsene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

Har ikke fått beskjed om at de har kommet til Tiger, så jeg tror ikke det. Den kan bestilles.

For øvrig er det intervju med oss og anmeldelse av skiva i nyeste Metal Hammer Norway.

PS: de ga skiva 9/10.

drgz
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by drgz »

Vinyl på plass! I dag blir det (litt) fest! :D :D

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

Transmissions from the Transmutated Nebula Remains can be received from these locations.
SPECTRAL HAZE ALBUM STREAMING!

The FULL ALBUM "I.E.V. : Transmutated Nebula Remains" by Spectral Haze is now streaming for 1 week at the following fine locations, go check it out, it's free:

Norway - Metal Hammer Norway:
http://metal-hammer.no/spectral-haze-tr ... ains/5498/

Germany - Metalnews: http://www.metalnews.de/aktionen/SPECTRAL+HAZE.389.html

Netherlands - Lords of Metal:
http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/nl/nieuws

Finland - Kaaos:
http://kaaoszine.fi/ennakkokuuntelu-spe ... a-remains/

U.S.A. - Occult Rock:
http://www.occultrock.com/2014/10/exclu ... album.html

U.S.A. - The Obelisk:
http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2014/10/3 ... ns-stream/

Italy - Rock Hard Italy:
http://www.rockharditaly.com/news/1399- ... -haze.aspx

Portugal - Against Magazine:
http://againstmagazine.com/spectral-haz ... streaming/

Poland - Musick magazine:
http://www.musickmagazine.pl/archiwa/1222

"I.E.V. : Transmutated Nebula Remains" is officially in stores November 7th on cd,limited lp and digital.

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

PS: Vi har vært i KickArse studio og spilt inn vår side av splitten med Tusmørke.
Det ble en 17 minutter lang sak med norsk tekst, den samme låta som vi avslutta konserten med Earthless med.

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

http://www.metal-observer.com/3.o/revie ... a-remains/

Spectral Haze - I.E.V.: Transmutated Nebula Remains - (8.5/10)

Warriors at the edge of time

Have you ever had one of those dreams where you are aimlessly floating through space? Or just been stoned off your gourd, losing yourself in your media player’s ever-transforming visualizations? The Norwegian Space Agency, also known as Spectral Haze, have done both. Their intravoidal journey began in 2011, followed by a self-titled demo and a galactic amount of local gigs. To be fair, they’ve probably dodged your radar so far, but now the UFO is about to reveal itself. The five-piece consisting of Dôômdögg, Cëlëstial Cöbra, Sönik Slöth, Spacewülff, and newly added theremin-freak Elêctrïc Stårlïng, share a love of Hawkwind, umlauts, and most importantly, the cosmic transformative power of the riff.

Transmuted Nebula Remains is a drug-addled trip through space and time, peppered with psychotropic freakouts, hard rock swagger, and a colossal doom metal undercurrent. Infectious riffs rain down like manna from the heavens, assaulting the senses with the mind-bending groove of a young Sleep. There’s a loose structure to these tracks, a certain improvisational atmosphere that gives a glimpse into a world of extended late-night jamming-sessions. The retrospective style is obvious, influences are practically pouring out of the band’s wide sleeves, but there is something pure about Spectral Haze. They love this music, and their dedication makes them rise a head above most contemporary space rock hippies.

The old school production, Hendrix-inspired solos, a mind-expanding theremin; it’s practically space rock by the books. When frontman Spacewülff howls his astronomical gospel, it sounds like it’s emanating from the darkest corners of space, sometimes spinning down like the frantic ramblings of a paranoid schizophrenic. However, these are all mere particulars, beneath the aesthetics the whole of Transmutated Nebula Remains is tethered to thumping grooves and wild-eyed psychedelia. Spectral Haze are undoubtedly soaring through previously explored galaxies of sound, but they do it really, really well.

When the psychoactive drugs wear off, Spectral Haze will still be out there, doing their thing and running out of bubblegum. Anyone riding high on the wave of psychedelic space rock need to get their grubby hands on this album. Everybody else should at least go for a test-ride, this is a trip that won’t leave you crashing in the morning.

DJGADD
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by DJGADD »

På tredje gjennomstrømninga nå. For et sykt bra driv og tur. Trommingangen etter 20 sekunder på Mercurian Mantra kjennes ut som den slår rett på ryggmargen. Uendelig bra produksjon.

Føler for å ta en togreise bare for å kunne høre på denne og glo ut av vinduet.

Er det nedlastingskode med vinylen?

:moon:

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

Er usikker på om det er med nedlastingskode, men jeg håper det!
Har framdeles ikke fått skivene selv.

PS: produksjonen blir fet når Kick, Arse og Apollyon skrur lyd :)

Locked Previous topicNext topic