Welcome to %s forums

De beste forumene for rock og metall - fĂžr var det Scream Magazine

Login Register

SPECTRAL HAZE

Archive on Scream Magazine from 2019 and older.

Olsen
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SPECTRAL HAZE

Post by Olsen »

Var ikke med kode, men CD kosta bare 5-6 euro i bundle med LPen.

Fet skive, ja! Har bare rukket Ä spille den pÄ middelmÄdig bilstereo, blir nok enda bedre av Ä fÄ snurra noen runder i stua.

Nhork
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Nhork »

Jeg liker ogsÄ det jeg hÞrer - angrer pÄ at jeg ikke kjÞpte CD ogsÄ. FÄ galskapen pÄ WIMP!

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Favourite genre: Hard Rock
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

http://www.metalblast.net/indie_reviews ... k-45-2014/

Spectral Haze – I.E.V.: Transmutated Nebula Remains

Rating: 4/5
Label: Soulseller Records

The classic rock sound has seen a pretty big resurgence over the last several years, and has worked its way back into heavy metal in a big way. Swirls of fuzzed out distortion, long improv-like jams, and old school sounding production, are all very hot right now, and I’m loving it. Sure, there are plenty of bands with total Black Sabbath knock-off riffs, but there are also a lot of artists that are looking past the Godfathers of metal and delving into the realms of space and psychedelic rock. There seems to be a pretty heavy concentration of this “new” sound coming out of the Scandinavian countries, with Sweden and Norway producing bands like Lonely Kamel and Blues Pills.

Spectral Haze, from Oslo, Norway are right there in the mix, with a sound that mixes stoner doom with 70’s hard rock, 60’s psychedelic rock, and even some progressive rock tendencies. I.E.V.: Transmutated Nebula Remains is the band’s first full length record, and I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the diversity in sounds. Each track showcases a different take on doom metal, but Spectral Haze have that rare gift of being able to weave some pretty diverse sounds together into one tight-knit sound that is all their own. There are some pretty standard stoner riffs in there for the Sleep fans in the crowd, as can be heard on the opening track “I.E.V. I – Circumambulating Mount Meru,” as well as “I.E.V. II – Observing the Centre of Infinity.” The psychedelic aspects of Spectral Haze’s music really show up on “Mercurian Mantra,” which has some cool synthesizers that sound like a spaceship; the song is pretty upbeat, and has a bit of a progressive feel to it. Basically, imagine the sound Kadavar would make if they soaked up some Hawkwind along with their Sabbath and you’ll get a pretty good idea of what Spectral Haze are all about. There’s even a bit of a 70’s punk rock moment, with “Descent Through the Intravoidal” sounding like a mix between The Dead Kennedys and the faster material by Saint Vitus (who, for what is worth, also have show some punk rock tendencies).

My favorite track happens to be the longest one of the bunch, “Triads and Trishulas”; clocking in at nearly thirteen and a half minutes, the song starts out with a droney doom feel that sounds like something off of an early 90’s Melvins record. Layered on top of the monolithic “Godzilla-stomping-a-mudhole-in-Tokyo” sized riffs, though, is some jazzy, improv style lead guitar work that gradually builds in volume, before pushing the band into space rock/prog territory. What’s impressive is that the transition is so seamless you don’t notice the change in tone until you’re hurtling towards the end of the song, and 13 minutes are now gone.

Spectral Haze show a lot of promise, and manage to make 45 minutes go by pretty quickly. I.E.V.: Transmutated Nebula Remains is a big grab bag of sounds, but manages to not spread itself too thin, which is no easy task, and is a testament to the band’s chemistry. Spectral Haze are definitely a band worth keeping an eye on, I imagine they will be making a pretty good dent in the current psych-doom scene very soon.

• Bradley

BlackMage
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by BlackMage »

Gleder meg til Ă„ hĂžre!

Sonic Titan
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Sonic Titan »

Streama den masse og fikk plata i posten i gÄr. Knallskive. Akkurat passe deler med bÄde space og rock. We got both kinds. Both country and western.

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

"We'll be spinning some records this Friday to celebrate the album release.

Enter the following coordinates into your navigation systems:
Space: 59.916391, 10.751220
Time: CET 2014-11-14T22:00:00.000"

(Kniven bar pÄ fredag)

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

"Denne Oslo-baserte frikegjengen har intervenert i de dĂždliges anliggender i en Ă„rrekke. Vi snakker ektefĂžlt spacerock, spekka av sĂžttitallsreferanser som seg hĂžr og bĂžr, men ogsĂ„ med tunge elementer av nyere metal og ikke minst noe helt eget Spetral Haze’sk. I flere Ă„r har de forheksa publikum med det de kaller psyched out doom rock rituals, Demokasetter har florert i undergrunnen, i fjor kom den sjĂžltitulerte EPen – og nĂ„ foreligger altsĂ„ en innspilling i Tigers udĂždelige favorittformat: et fullengdes album. Med «I.E.V. Transmutated Nebula Remains» tar de nok et skritt ut i stjernetĂ„ka. Det er brutalt, storslĂ„tt, kaotisk og gjennomtenkt pĂ„ en gang.
Forestill deg en Kali-inkarnasjon med Hawkwind-patch saumfare giftplanteavdelinga i Botanisk Hage for Ä gumle entheogener; ca. sÄnn lÄter Spectral Haze."

Ukas album hos Tiger!

http://tigernet.no/blog/?p=1867

fjesing
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by fjesing »

The garden?

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

Hva?

fjesing
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by fjesing »

Bare lurte pÄ om The Garden kanskje fÄr inn denne i overskuelig framtid. Har $ til gode der serru

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

Ja, riktig.
Det vet jeg ikke, bandet har framdeles ikke fÄtt plater...

fjesing
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by fjesing »

-Allright.
Man gleder seg i hvertfall! Ikke hĂžrt et sekund av teaser eller streaming.

Stian
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Stian »

KjÞpte denne i gÄr, skimter jeg vagt i husken.

Conroy Bumpus
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by Conroy Bumpus »

SÄ du gÄr rundt i en...

haze?

Doomination
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by Doomination »

HÞrer gjennom vinylen nÄ og fÄr fÞlelsen av at alt er et skritt oppover fra EPen egentlig. Blir enda mer dratt inn i stemninga nÄ og produksjonen er meget kledelig.

ROCK!

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Korea North

Post by Shrinebuilder »

drgz
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by drgz »

Fett!

Finnes det noe bandcamp eller noe sted man kan kjÞpe skiva digitalt ( )? Skulle gjerne hatt den pÄ mp3-spilleren. Angrer litt pÄ at jeg ikke kjÞpte LP+CD nuh. Argh. JEJE.

Lugubriel
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Lugubriel »

Topic author
Shrinebuilder
Rocker
Rocker