Welcome to %s forums

De beste forumene for rock og metall - før var det Scream Magazine

Login Register

Hva synes dere om Sonata Arctica?

Archive on Scream Magazine from 2019 and older.

Hvilket terningkast fortjener Sonata Arctica?

30%
13%
16%
15%
14%
7%
Sonata hvem?
4%

Total votes: 135

Wesker
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Wesker »

Lance wrote:Skjønner vel ikke helt sutringa her. De snuttene som lå ute synes jeg hørtes meget lovende ut jeg.
Men jeg konstanterer at det er blitt "in" å hate Strato for tida... :roll:

DragonLance

Hmmpff :? Skulle jo ha posta denne under Stratovarius 2005 posten, men blingsa litt...

skal du på Stratovarius og Hammerfall konserten eller? tror nok det ligger ann til å bli en bra konsert jeg! :)

de snuttene har jeg foressten ikke hørt på enda, men Elements part 2 var knall. håper de klarer å toppe den

Wesker
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Wesker »

Thefaithlesspriest wrote:En "fin" :) anmeldelse fra MetalCrypt:

Siste Stratovarius:

Sounds Like: Insania, a band that is far better.

They "reunited" for this? Hell, Stratovarius were only split up for like 4 months, so this is hardly even a reunion, and this is easily the worst album the band has ever come up with. It's more than boring: It is actually BAD. The drama behind their break up is just ludicrous: Tolkki was a drunk, psychotic cuntcasket, and people couldn't stand to be around him, but since Stratovarius is his band they can't kick his fat ass back to the gutter where he spawned. Thus, Kotipelto went off on his own to continue his exceptionally awful solo career, and to spite him (since he knew Kotipelto had more fans than he did) Tolkki recruited a girl to replace him, the lame beyond lame "Miss K", who was soon featured on their website eating fetuses and generally acting like an ugly, lesbian version of Dani Filth. No, sorry, Dani is not a part of my gender, we disowned her effeminate ass years ago. Girls if you have a problem with that you can take it up with Roger the God of Gender (roger.k@gendergod.com).

As for Stratovarius, well, how can I say this without seeming offensive enough... this both sucks and blows at the same time. Like the previous 2 Stratovarius albums, there is one good song here, "Fight!!!", which is good but not nearly as good as "Eagleheart" or "I'm Still Alive". Whereas the last 2 albums had a bunch of filler, this album has a bunch of songs that actively inhale s**t through a fire hydrant. I really don't see why I should spend much time on this review, as Stratovarius spent all of 2 hours writing this album. (Fun fact: 2 hours is 1.5 hours more than Timo Tolkki has been sober in the past year!) Honest to god, I could have written songs far, far better than this given 1 week and access to a vocalist of Kotipelto's talents. He doesn't even sound good here, singing tepid, lame vocal lines that rival his last solo album Coldness for sheer brown paper boredom. The riffs, if you can even call them that, are just back and forth tripe and hold absolutely no catchiness or enjoyability. You just sit there as each song drones on, going "Hmmm, the next one might be better." But it never is. Ok, "Back to Madness" has some cool vocal lines and a driving beat that reminds of the better Stratovarius tunes, but it also has this ridiculous, irritating, and downright stupid opera drop-out right in the f*****g middle of the song. It doesn't fit, it goes nowhere, and it's so poorly done it makes me cringe each time I hear it... but then, that description could fit almost any song on the album. The sheer retardery and boring drone of "Gypsy in Me", the incomprehensibly bad ballad "The Land of Ice and Snow" (Hands off Led Zeppelin you f*****g horks!), and perhaps worst of all, the absolutely jaw dropping garbage of "Leave the Tribe" -- At this point I realized the record wasn't even a good imitation of a second rate Stratovarius copycat like Thunderstone. (WARNING: HULL BREACH!!!)

The reunion, if you can call it that, was a waste. Stratovarius are back, and for the first time in their career have made a terrible, worthless album. They had released a couple of iffy albums in the past, and far too much filler to go with the killer ("I'm Still Alive" remains one of my all time favourite power metal songs), but overall they were a dependable Finnish flower power outfit. I'm going to ProgPower this year, where they are, sigh, headlining, but unless they stick to their classic material, I'm not even going to hang around to see them. You know it's bad when the opener of the night (In this case, the instrumental Texas act Stride) is far more talented than the headliner. Tolkki and company should just sign to EMI or Geffen, stop playing metal, and take their soap opera to the mainstream. The reality show crowd loves dumb s**t like the joke Stratovarius has become.

dette var en godbit av en anmeldelse. saklig greier, gitt :lol:

Jeg er glad samme line-up holder sammen igjen, jeg. hadde aldri blitt det samme med hun kjærringa

Rashy
Spermatozoon
Mood:

Post by Rashy »

Sonata Arctica er et kjempebra band. De er ekstremt flinke, også live :) Men de er helt klart bedre i studio :D

Deathfare
Embryo
Embryo
Mood:

Post by Deathfare »

En bra sang. Ikke noe mer
lol wrote:LOL! Hehehe.

Wesker
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Wesker »

Deathfare wrote:En bra sang. Ikke noe mer

hvilken sang er det?

Deathfare
Embryo
Embryo
Mood:

Post by Deathfare »

Kingdom For A Heart
lol wrote:LOL! Hehehe.

Wesker
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Wesker »

Deathfare wrote:Kingdom For A Heart

nja...jo. synes ikke DEN er så j****g bra men :)
de har bedre låter. uansett ikke favorittbandet mitt. men noe bra har de da kommet opp med

Agent Orange
Belieb
Belieb
Mood:

Post by Agent Orange »

Wesker wrote:
Deathfare wrote:Kingdom For A Heart

nja...jo. synes ikke DEN er så j****g bra men :)
de har bedre låter. uansett ikke favorittbandet mitt. men noe bra har de da kommet opp med

Det var da enda godt!
Stian wrote:Celtic Frost - Opeth 1-0.

Satyria
Infant
Infant
Mood:

Post by Satyria »

Kingdom for a heart er morsom...Hæhæhæ

Gorgar
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by Gorgar »

Heh, de har da langt bedre låter enn Kingdom...

daimonion
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by daimonion »

Full moon og The power of one er ekstremt bra.

Khan
Infant
Infant
Mood:

Post by Khan »

For ikke å nevne My land, The cage, Broken, Victorias secret, Dont say a word, Blank file osv osv osv i lange baner!

Satyria
Infant
Infant
Mood:

Post by Satyria »

Don't say a word <3

Evral
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Evral »

Det ble "Sonata hvem..?" for min del - av den enkle grunn at det møkkabandet ikke fortjener 1'ern engang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeg skjønner at det er krig i verden når jeg hører sånne bedervede greier! Får lyst til å drepe selv egentlig.... :evil: (Da spesielt band-medlemmene..hehe)

Shitrock
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Shitrock »

Eg synes at dette coveret sug k*k. Tungt.

For eit liv

Rahl
B
B
Mood:

Post by Rahl »

Laraque27 wrote:Eg synes at dette coveret sug k*k. Tungt.

Sett mye verre

hateyou
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by hateyou »

Når 25 % stemmer terningkast 1 da er det dårlig. :lol:

Jonas.E
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Jonas.E »

Vil de 7 personene som har stemt 6 gjøre seg til kjenne? :lol:
Sigurd: Håper allikevel selvsagt heller på at Chelsea tar the quadruple, at hele Norge får byllepest, at verden går under i atomkrig og at jeg spises opp av en mengde rabiesbefengte rotter enn at Liverpool vinner serien.

Gorgar
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by Gorgar »

Jeg tror jeg stemte 5.

Lance
Belieber
Belieber
Mood:

Post by Lance »

Jeg stemte 6. Synes Sonata er et fantastisk band, og årsaken til at 1'ern har så stort flertall er vel fordi det er stort flertall av extremmetalister på forumet.

Locked Previous topicNext topic