Welcome to %s forums

De beste forumene for rock og metall - før var det Scream Magazine

Login Register

Emperor

Archive on Scream Magazine from 2019 and older.

Beste Emperor?

Wrath Of The Tyrant
12%
Emperor
11%
In The Nightside Eclipse
43%
Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk
26%
IX Equilibrium
3%
Prometheus - The Discipline Of Fire & Demise
5%

Total votes: 95

Morkenstubbe
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emperor

Post by Morkenstubbe »

Når kommer boksen, og er det distroer her som vil ta inn evt. die hard edition? Noen jeg kan skrive meg opp hos??

Best å gi ut alt når det likevel kommer i en boks, men f**n så kjett med hauger av "live" vinyler som man aldri kommer til å høre på...

Spekualsjoner fra en fyr på havy blogg...

This is big news! Emperor are a highly influential group, with their reach transcending the confines of black metal. Having their records repressed to vinyl was much needed, and this is sure to sell out like hotcakes, even with a price that is sure to be astronomical.

But let’s do some WILD SPECULATION here; what can we expect from this box set, and how much will it cost? It’s far too early to tell — it won’t go on pre-order for another year — but first, let’s take a look at the group’s discography.

The centerpiece of the set will of course include the group’s four studio albums In The Nightside Eclipse (1994), Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk (1997), IX Equilibrium (1999), and Prometheus: The Discipline Of Fire And Demise (2001). That’s a total of 8 LPs.

Going deeper, the band have as many proper EPs in their name alone. Wrath of the Tyrant (1992) and Emperor (1993) can each get their own LP given their runtime. As the Shadows Rise (1994) and Reverence (1997) are short enough, but it’s hard telling whether they’ll each get their own 12″ LPs (B-side etching potential!) or if they’ll share an LP with each other or other odds and ends. But let’s go ahead and speculate for another 4 LPs for fun. Total of 12 so far.

Then there’s the stuff that’s harder to pin down. Emperor released a split with Thorns in 1999. Their half is 20 minutes in length, so there’s an LP to be found there. I would imagine Blood Music would have no problem including the group’s live albums. 2000’s Emperial Live Ceremony will take up 2 LPs, and Live Inferno includes sets at both Wacken and Inferno Festival in 2006. Who knows if both sets will make it to vinyl, but if so, that’s another 4 LPs at least. Inferno Festival’s set is longer and may need to be split into 3 LPs. Let’s get crazy and say 5 LPs. Allowing for another LP of demos and b-sides that I may be overlooking, we could be talking one more LP. That’s 20 vinyl records possible if we’re really reaching for everything here.

Taking this ridiculous assumption further, let’s speculate a price point. The most expensive Moonsorrow box set cost about $375 for the Die Hard edition, which includes 14 LPs. If the prices are scalable based on the amount of LPs, we’re looking at $26.79 per LP. So for a box set of the same caliber as the Moonsorrow collection scaled up to 20 LPs might cost you $536.

Of course I don’t know anything about the box set and this is just for fun, but if you seriously want to nab this box set, you might want to seriously aim at having around $500 free come mid-2015.

More info when we get it.
"I lyden av ett hundre manns fortvilelse(over nok et år og leve) skriver vi her på screamforumet, i kulde og hat -og sinne!!!".

Lugubriel
Rocker
Rocker
Mood:

Post by Lugubriel »

Haha, fanboi megalomania.

Har en ganske snasen nypress av Emperor MLPen i lager forresten:
http://duplicaterecords.limitedrun.com/ ... mlp-etched

Johnny Bravo
Poser
Poser
Mood:

Post by Johnny Bravo »

Morkenstubbe wrote:(B-side etching potential!)
:happy-jumpyellow: :happy-jumpyellow: :happy-jumpyellow: KRYSSER FINGRENE! DETTE ER VERDT PENGER! DETTE BRYR JEG MEG OM! :happy-jumpyellow: :happy-jumpyellow: :happy-jumpyellow:
OBS! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOuPoHOFGuc

DREKKA MERE - DREKKA DREKKA MER!
DREKKA DREKKA MER!
DREKKA DREKKA DREKKA MER!

Locked Previous topicNext topic